You need to install Emoji if you are willing to enhance the basic smiley function. Installing it on Android might be a little complicated process but there are some ways through which you can successfully install Emoji. For cool Emoji Icons and other products, you may check Emoji Island.
- Open the settings menu.
- Go to “About device/phone”
- There you will find “Android version”
Installing on Older Android Devices
- Search for Emoji in the Play Store. There would be a special Emoji Keyboard replacement that you will need to find.
- Type in “Emoji Keyboard” in the search field. The result page would contain several suggestions.
- Read the reviews and check ratings of the top results. The information from reviews and rating would help you in picking the software with minimum amount of errors.
- Make sure that Keyboard you are going to install doesn’t ask for any permission. Granting permissions usually authorizes the applications to access your internet connection and your personal files. Hence, your privacy might get compromised by using those apps.
- Make sure that the Keyboard is compatible to the Android version installed in your mobile device.
- Proceed with installation process by tapping “Install”.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap “Language & input”.
- Tap the checkbox “Emoji Keyboard” under “Language & input”.
- When you want to use Emoji, switch to the Keyboard.
Using Emoji on Samsung Devices (Android 4.4+)
- Tap the app that would enable Keyboard. It’s good news that Android 4.4 (KitKat) and updated versions support Emoji Keyboard fully.
- There would be a Microphone or Gear button on the left side of space bar. Press and hold it.
- This pressing and holding will bring up the smiley option. This option will be used to load Emoji.
- While in the Emoji mode, you can select different categories by tapping them.
- To use the regular keyboard, tap on ‘ABC’ button.
Using Emoji on Nexus Devices (Android 4.4+)
- If you have Android 4.4 (KitKat) or more advanced version of Android installed, you would have built-in Emoji installed in the phone. To activate, start by tapping any app that would enable the keyboard.
- There would be the smiley button on top right corner right above the keyboard area. Tap it and your keyboard would start working in Emoji mode.
- There would be several categories of Emoji options you will be able to choose from. Moreover, swapping right and left would bring more options on the screen.
- To use the normal keyboard, there would be a Keyboard button that you will need to tap.
Emoji in Newer Android Devices (Android 4.1+)
- Open the settings menu.
- Tap “Language & input”. That will display the list of keyboards installed in your mobile.
- Check the list of Keyboards installed. You may be able to find the Keyboard that would support Emoji.
- Open the Play Store and search for the Keyboard that would support Emoji. SwiftKey, Google Keyboard and Swype are the ones that support Emoji for free.
- Choose the Keyboard that would be supported by your mobile’s Android version. Proceed with installation.
- Open the “Language & input” and select the newly installed keyboard.
- You will be able to see the option for switching keyboard to Emoji Mode. Tap it.
- Select the category you like. To turn back to the regular Keyboard, tap “ABC” button.