Installation of solar power system at home would not only provide you a reliable electricity backup but it will also save you a lot of electricity cost. Some important steps that you will need to take into consideration while pondering about installing the solar system are as under.
- Solar system tied with an electric grid has two-fold benefit. This system doesn’t only provide consistent electricity but it can also help you in saving your money in a very interesting manner. The excess of electricity generated by your solar power panels can be supplied to your power company which, in return, will give you tax credits.
- Make some research about incentives that you can get from your power company. For that purpose, contact the power company and ask the questions regarding types of incentives you can get as result of installing grid tied solar system.
- Now it’s the time to install power panels. Quality and the number of power panels are most important factors you will need to look at. Get the help from a professional for installation.
- If you require AC power output, you will need to connect the solar panels with an inverter which would convert DC current into AC. You can either install a big inverter, or you can connect several micro-inverters; i.e. one for each panel.
- For separating your rest of electricity system from inverter, you can use an AC or DC Disconnect. This tool is similar to breaker box and its main job is to isolate the system when a problem occurs in solar power generator. The purpose is to avoid accumulative damage.
- To measure the difference between factors like grid input/output and off the grid power consumption, it is important to install separate electricity measuring meter.
- Make sure that you are following the sequence in connecting solar system with your power consumption system. For that, connect the inverter with Disconnect and then Disconnect with the main power measuring meter. The excess electricity production from solar system will cause the meter to run backward, making you eligible to receive money from your power company on annual basis.
Installation of Independent Solar Panels
- Start by installing the panels. Call a professional to install panels for you such as http://www.blueribbonsolar.com. You can also ask the professional to recommend the number of panels you should install in order to produce electricity according to your requirements.
- Solar panels may produce varying electricity charge. To keep the electric current stabilized, use a charge controller.
- Now connect charge controller to the batteries.
- If your home’s power usage is based on AC, connect an AC converter with the batteries. It’s up to your choice whether you want to connect inverter with the main power line, or you would want only the appliances to run on solar power.
- Connect charge converter with the solar panel. Follow the proper sequence while connecting items; i.e. panels to charge controller, charge controller to batteries, batteries to inverter, and inverter to the electricity consuming system of home.
You are all set!